Thursday, February 28, 2013

Book Interview: Emotional Core Therapy by Robert A. Moylan, LCPC

Would you like to live life happy and eliminate the negative emotions that have impacted your sense of well being and overall life? Well now you can! "Emotional Core Therapy" by Robert A. Moylan, LCPC, provides valuable information and tools on what you can do reduce and even eliminate negative feelings such as anger, hurt, anxiety, depression and fear. I have interviewed Robert A. Moylan on his life transforming book.

Tell me a little bit about yourself.

I was born and raised on the west side of Chicago. I am one of 13 children who were raised by a single mom after my father passed away in a fire at the age of 46 years old. As a child, I used sports and studying as a way to combat the dangers and temptations of urban life. I left home at an early age (14 years old) to attend prep school at Lake Forest Academy and then attended college at Northwestern University. I attended both schools on financial aid and scholarship.

Being away from home was at times difficult. So I had an early baptism into the world of emotional pain, so to speak. Growing up on the streets of Chicago was very lonely and hurtful at times. I often compare my early life to the character Nell that was portrayed by Jodie Foster. That movie was about a girl growing up in the wild. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I was able to enjoy being around diverse, educated people and learned a great deal about life from those two schools. I studied economics and secondary teaching at Northwestern. I found my passion in helping others.

What made you decide to write Emotional Core Therapy?

The reason I wrote Emotional Core Therapy is I have seen too much needless suffering and wanted to do something about it. Writing a book was the best way, I can let the world know that debilitating feelings of anxiety, depression, and anger are very treatable. I have seen too many humans suffer because they were not taught how to properly love themselves and self soothe themselves. My book works from the reader's perspective and world view. I also have a book coming out for teens in August called, "Emotional Core Therapy for Adolescents".

 

What is Emotional Core Therapy about?

My book uses five easy steps to treat emotional issues. I want all people to live lives of vitality and vigor. Learning to properly release feelings and learn from them can be an empowering process. My book highlights the root cause of emotional or psychic problems. Emotional issues are often caused by entering and leaving relationships. Relationships cause one of the four authentic feelings ( joy, grief, fear, and relief.) to occur. My book teaches people how to identify and release those toxic feelings that hurt us day in and day out.

Who can benefit from reading Emotional Core Therapy?

Anyone can benefit from ECT as long as they put in the time and effort to change their relationships. It is a process that takes time like anything of real value. Feelings of fear and grief are going to enter our lives, whether we like it or not. Why not be prepared? I use the analogy of rain, thunderstorms, and hurricanes to describe psychic pain. We can never really know when bad weather hits! Why not carry an umbrella? Why not know where the nearest shelter is located? Emotional Core Therapy is about being protected when relationship problems occur.

Where can someone buy the book Emotional Core Therapy?

Amazon.com has a preview of the book online. It is available for purchase there as well as Barnesandnoble.com

Thank you Robert for doing the book interview on Emotional Core Therapy. For more information on Robert Moylan or his work you can check out his website at www.robertmoylan.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment